Great Service Since 1997
E-N Computers, Inc. was founded in 1997 by Ian MacRae out of a passion for helping people with technology. Ian started by providing great service in Waynesboro, Staunton, Harrisonburg, and Charlottesville and has grown a team to support all Virginia, Washington DC and Maryland with onsite service. Our Remote Service Desk started as Ian’s cell phone and is now staffed with a team of Specialists helping clients nationally and internationally.
We’ve been around for a lot of growth and change in the technology industry and can spot a trend or a fad that we just might want to skip. We continuously focus our efforts on our customers, providing business with a reliable partner they can keep and grow with for years to come.
- 1995: Ian starts MacRae Computer Consultation, and using a Brick Cell Phone, provides service to two real-estate offices, a large retail store and a Veterinary Hospital while in High School.
- 1997: Ian graduates from Robert E. Lee High School and founds E-N Computers offering retail sales and service in Staunton. E-N Computers starts providing employment to many High School friends during college and after college graduation.
- 1998: E-N starts supporting local Educational Non-Profits and Local Government.
- 1999: Party like it's 1999! Massive Y2K roll out with over 500 computers built by E-N Computers.
- 2000: Starts offering service to Trucking and Logistics companies.
- 2001: Implementation of first Digital X-Ray System at a Dentist office by E-N.
- 2002: E-N assists in the design, build, and relocation of a Juvenile Detention Facility
- 2003: Relocation to offices in Fishersville VA.
- 2004: E-N expands in service offerings to Medical Professionals.
- 2005: Milestone reached: Service to all of Virginia, Maryland and Washington, DC is in place.
- 2006: Standardize on Cisco Routers. Assistance to multi-office organizations commonplace.
- 2007: E-N begins website hosting and Cloud applications. Discontinuation of retail/residential support offering due to growth of Professional Service offerings.
- 2008: Deployment of VMWare Virtualization Technology for a multi-server cluster.
- 2009: Early adopter of Managed Services Model: E-NCompass Service Plans with predictable outcomes at a fixed monthly price. Acquisition of SVTPS, Inc. of Harrisonburg, VA.
- 2010: E-N assists customers in situations due to economic downturn
- 2011: Launches VOIP (Voice Over Internet Provider) Telephone Service Offering (E-NHear)
- 2012: New website redesign… You’re looking at it!