Support for Your Dentrix Problems
E-N Computers is skilled at resolving issues such as:
If Dentrix has crashed or is slow or just isn’t working right, we can help. Click here to get support now.
Dentists and dental offices need an IT support company that provides fast technical support. If you’re reading this page, you’re likely having issues with your Dentrix practice management software and are looking for straight answers. We provide Dentrix support in Alexandria, VA. Our expert Dentrix consultants can help you whether your issue can be solved remotely or requires an on-site visit.
Here are some of the top fixes we’ve implemented for our Henry Schein Dental Dentrix customers – in no particular order
- Backup services are trying to run when you’re seeing patients, causing server and network congestion. If slowness becomes too great, then tasks time out and Dentrix crashes. Backup services need to be optimized for your schedule and hardware.
- Demandforce or Lighthouse patient reminder systems are messing with your Dentrix Database; correctly configure or adjust synchronization schedules.
- Your Dentrix server needs to be rebuilt and reinstalled. Dentrix prefers very specific network paths and user security permissions settings, which, if not followed, can lead to slowness and/or corruption.
- You’re using wireless networks which drop offline or are too slow to complete tasks in Dentrix. If possible, replace wireless with a wired connection as wired service is often 100 times faster than wireless, inherently more secure, and less costly to operate. If wired service isn’t an option, then you may need newer, more powerful wireless equipment. We’ve found wireless equipment constantly has to be upgraded to keep up with ever increasing wireless congestion.
- Operatory computers have damaged network cables due to the volume of wiring shoved into small spaces and the close proximity to electrical services which cause interference with computer networks. One bad network connection can cause Dentrix corruption in the database which effects how all of your computers work. Solution: New wiring to the rescue.
- Digital X-Ray bridge intra-oral camera systems have been incorrectly installed causing inconsistent user experience which frustrates Dental Assistants, Dentists, and Patients as you try to access these systems again and again. Reinstall these systems for better consistency.
- Computers and network gear are overheating, causing Dentrix to run slowly or crash. Is your server shoved in a small closet? Is your router and switch installed where your air compressor operates and it’s 100 degrees in the closet? Is your switch in an attic or above a drop ceiling? Are your operatory computers installed in tight cabinets with no ventilation? You’ve got to let your computers breathe or Dentrix suffocates.
- You’ve got the wrong hardware. For instance, you’ve got generic computers that your brother built for you, underpowered laptops when you needed graphic capable desktops, retail store black Friday deals, or just plain old computers. They seemed like a cost savings at the time, but now it might be time for an upgrade.
- You’re running Dentrix Version OLD — Dentrix 10, Dentrix 11, Dentrix 12, Dentrix G4, Dentrix G5, Dentrix G6. You know, they release new versions for a reason! Dentrix G6.2 is current as of now. We offer free upgrades as part of our managed services plans.
- Dentrix isn’t the right software for your practice. We know nobody wants to hear that. However, Dentrix isn’t right for everyone. It struggles to manage large, multi-location practices. Other options exist and we can make the best of Dentrix or help you switch to something more suitable.
- You’ve got a second practice location or doctors working from home and you’re having printing problems and speed issues. You’re wondering if things can be made more efficient and better centralized. Better networking can help; we manage your Internet service as well.
- The front desk computer is your Dentrix server. The Dentrix rep said “sure, it’ll work” and you saved a bunch of money by not buying a real server. However speed and reliability aren’t where they should be. You also worry every time your front desk staff cross their legs that a wire might get bumped and take your network down. Then, when winter comes and the portable heaters come on, the breaker blows taking Dentrix offline. Time to clean up this mess.
- Network overload from non-work activities. A dental office is a maze of Operatories and everyone is on Facebook and listening to their favorite Internet radio station. Can your network handle this load, process claims, and work Dentrix at the same time? Let alone the HIPAA concerns…We can filter your Internet service and eliminate time-wasting distractions.
- Antivirus and Security tools are crippling Dentrix’s performance and bringing your network to a crawl. Having the right settings, exclusions, scan preferences, and software versions can make all the difference in the world.
- Dentrix off site support has backed up your database seven different times and now your hard drive is full. It’s great that you can get instant access to Dentrix off site support, however Henry Schein isn’t all that consistent with how their support technicians work with your network. Stylistic differences can add up to a lot of inefficiency with no one in charge.
- Lack of support from the company. Henry Schein is a distributor first and they own Dentrix, a great software company. Sure, they’ll sell you a server or computers. As for a holistic approach managing the day to day and the big picture? Not so much. We look after all the details from your e-mail to your monthly Internet service to optimize them all for Dentrix support and your practice’s goals.