Level II Service Desk
The primary responsibilities of this position are to support day-to-day operations in Waynesboro, Virginia including interfacing with customers and communicating with the Service Manager and Project Manager to ensure that E-N Computers remains in compliance of contractual obligations. Reports to the Service Manager.
Essential Job Functions (includes but is not limited to):
- Be a technical escalation point on the service team.
- Act as liaison between the E-N Computers operations team and the Customer(s)’ operational personnel.
- Support the day-to-day field service and repairs operation as needed.
- Time accountability
- Documentation of Client Networks
- Small Projects ex: installing printers, workstations, etc.
- Assist Sr. Engineers on Larger projects ex: networks, servers, etc.
- Responsible for assisting the maintenance and repair of all customer equipment including networks, computers, servers, cameras, and printers.
- Assisting with designing and documenting all procedures used in the maintenance, repair, and upgrading of all equipment and software.
- Assist in continuous improvement initiatives.
- Configure file, print, and remote access services.
- Administration, ex: add/remove users and groups, group policy, configure file permissions, check event logs, configure, and restore from backup.
- Administration of enterprise e‐mail application, including add/remove users and group, configure folder permissions if applicable, forward mail to other accounts, and add aliases.
- Willing and able to take the initiative and be proactive to fix issues before they create any problems.
- Travel regionally on a monthly basis if needed.
- On Call rotation
- Ability to vary work hours to meet customer commitments.
- Research, compile, and analyze data to develop recommendations for appropriate business decisions and/or actions.
- Consistently leads and works on complex assignments requiring independent action and a high degree of initiative to resolve issues. Acts independently to determine methods and procedures on new assignments. Able to identify and solve new or unique problems using analysis of facts and/or previous solutions.
- Resolve complex issues which have been escalated by other members of the team.
Required Skills – Technical Skills:
Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities:
- Expertise in at least one area of technical support and can perform efficiently in various others. Ex: SQL, Server Administration, Linux
- Expert knowledge base to install and manage OS, administer users accounts, security, configuration, patch management, updates and configure network connectivity for supported programs.
- Comprehensive understanding of configuration and initialization files, error logging, event viewer as they pertain to software applications. Must be able to gather, organize, analyze and/or potentially resolve software issues. Effectively use escalation procedures and able to manage priorities.
- Experience required with Windows desktop operating systems. Ex: installing, configuring, troubleshooting
- Strong experience with system security including the management of Certificates, WSE, NTFS, Bitlocker, and Share level Permissions.
- Extensive network skills and experience including TCP/IP; DHCP, DNS, WINS, Workgroups, Domains, Active Directory. Additionally, the configuration, management, and troubleshooting of firewall, switches, and routers.
- Experience with Terminal Services & Citrix. Ex: configuring user profiles, troubleshooting.
- Understanding of relationship between switches, hubs, patch panels and connecting nodes to a network
- Working Knowledge of Non-Cisco Firewall Technologies ‐ SonicWALL, Linksys, NetGear, and Cisco Meraki
- Working Knowledge of Wireless Technologies
Credentials and Experience:
Minimum of three years of experience in the service industry, preferably critical, customer service experience.
- Minimum 2 years’ experience – Cisco Switching, VLAN, Routing, Firewalling Support
- Minimum 2 years’ experience ‐ Server Hardware Technologies (CPU/RAID/SCSI) Support
- Minimum 2 years’ experience ‐ Data Backup and Recovery Support, Corporate Antivirus Support, VPN Connectivity Support
- Has at least one certification. The following certifications are preferred: MCDST, MCSE, MCSA, MCP, CCNA/CCDA/CCNP, Project+, Network+, Apple.
- Solid dependable engineer – follows directions and maximizes billing opportunities.
- Consistently receives good client feedback.
Job Type: Full-time
We offer the following benefits:
- Paid time off
- Medical Insurance
- Dental Insurance
- Vision Insurance
- IRA matching
- Education Reimbursement
- Paid Federal Holidays