Onsite Technician/ Service Desk
Do you love putting smiles on faces and helping people solve IT problems? We do! Join E-N Computers and support clients in person throughout Virginia. As part of the Field Service team you will work to proactively manage client’s computers, servers, and networks. You’ll be responsible for small projects, security, and help desk support. Enjoy learning and teamwork then come grow with us!
Essential Job Functions (includes but is not limited to):
- Be a technical escalation point on the service team.
- Act as liaison between the E-N Computers operations team and the Customer(s)’ operational personnel.
- Support the day-to-day field service and repairs operation as needed.
- DAILY time entry accounting for at least 9 hours – includes one hour lunch
- Documentation of Client Networks
- Small Projects
- Assist Sr. Engineers on Larger projects
- Responsible for overseeing the maintenance and repair of all customer equipment including networks, computers, servers, cameras, and printers.
- Responsible for designing and documenting all procedures used in the maintenance, repair, and upgrading of all equipment and software.
- Assist in continuous improvement initiatives.
- Configure file, print, and remote access services.
- Administration, including add/remove users and groups, group policy, configure file permissions, check event logs, configure, and restore from backup.
- Administration of enterprise e‐mail application, including add/remove users and group, configure folder permissions if applicable, forward mail to other accounts, and add aliases.
- Do monthly backup restore checks using Veeam and Wasabi.
- Willing and able to take the initiative and be proactive to fix issues before they create any problems.
- Willingness to travel regionally on a monthly basis if needed.
- Willingness to be on-call (cell phone).
- Ability to vary work hours to meet customer commitments.
- Research, compile, and analyze data to develop recommendations for appropriate business decisions and/or actions.
- Consistently leads and works on complex assignments requiring independent action and a high degree of initiative to resolve issues. Acts independently to determine methods and procedures on new assignments. Able to identify and solve new or unique problems using analysis of facts and/or previous solutions.
- Resolve complex issues which have been escalated by other members of the team.
Required Skills Technical Skills:
Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities:
- Expertise in at least one area of technical support and can perform efficiently in various others.
- Expert knowledge base to install and manage OS, administer users accounts, security, configuration, patch management, updates and configure network connectivity for supported programs.
- Comprehensive understanding of configuration and initialization files, error logging, event viewer as they pertain to software applications. Must be able to gather, organize, analyze and/or potentially resolve software issues. Effectively use escalation procedures and able to manage priorities.
- Experience required with Windows desktop operating systems.
- Strong experience with system security including the management of Certificates, WSE, NTFS, Bitlocker, and Share level Permissions.
- Extensive network skills and experience including TCP/IP; DHCP, DNS, WINS, Workgroups, Domains, Active Directory. Additionally, the configuration, management, and troubleshooting of firewall, switches, and routers.
- Experience with Terminal Services & Citrix
- Understanding of relationship between switches, hubs, patch panels and connecting nodes to a network
- Working Knowledge of Non-Cisco Firewall Technologies ‐ SonicWALL, Linksys, NetGear, and Cisco Meraki
- Working Knowledge of Wireless Technologies
Credentials and Experience:
- Requires a minimum of five years of experience in the service industry, preferably critical, customer service experience.
- Minimum 2 years’ experience – Cisco Switching, VLAN, Routing, Firewalling Support
- Minimum 2 years’ experience ‐ Server Hardware Technologies (CPU/RAID/SCSI) Support
- Minimum 2 years’ experience ‐ Data Backup and Recovery Support, Corporate Antivirus Support, VPN Connectivity Support
- Has at least one certification. The following certifications are preferred: MCDST, MCSE, MCP, CCNA/CCDA/CCNP, Project+, Network+, Apple.
- Solid dependable engineer follows directions and maximizes billing opportunities.
- Consistently receives good client feedback.
Job Type: Full-time
Pay: From $42,000.00 per year