Level I Service Desk
The primary responsibilities of this position are to support day-to-day operations in Virginia including interfacing with remote customers and communicating with the Service Manager and Project Manager to ensure that E-N Computers remains in compliance of contractual obligations. Reports to the Service Manager. Must be able to pass a background check.
Essential Job Functions (includes but is not limited to):
- Executing scheduled service tickets from our ticket management system
- Act as liaison between the E-N Computers operations team and the Customer(s)’ operational personnel
- Support the day-to-day field service and repairs operation as needed.
- Time accountability
- Documentation of Client Networks
- Small Projects ex: installing printers, workstations, etc.
- Assist in maintaining and repairing all customer equipment including networks, computers, servers, cameras, and printers.
- Assisting with designing and documenting all procedures used in the maintenance, repair, and upgrading of all equipment and software.
- Assist in continuous improvement initiatives.
- Configure file, print, and remote access services.
- Administration, ex: add/remove users and groups, group policy, configure file permissions, check event logs, configure, and restore from backup.
- Administration of enterprise e‐mail application, including add/remove users and group, configure folder permissions if applicable, forward mail to other accounts, and add aliases.
- Willing and able to take the initiative and be proactive to fix issues before they create any problems.
- On Call rotation
- Research, compile, and analyze data to develop recommendations for appropriate business decisions and/or actions.
- Acts independently to determine methods and procedures on new assignments.
- Able to identify and solve new or unique problems using analysis of facts and/or previous solutions.
- Other duties as assigned.
Required Skills Technical Skills:
Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities:
- Knowledge of how to install and manage OS, administer users accounts, security, configuration, updates and configure network connectivity for supported programs.
- Comprehensive understanding of configuration and initialization files, error logging, event viewer as they pertain to software applications. Must be able to gather, organize, analyze and/or potentially resolve software issues. Effectively use escalation procedures and able to manage priorities.
- Experience required with Windows desktop operating systems. Ex: installing, configuring, troubleshooting
- Experience with one or more of the following: system security including the management of Certificates, WSE, NTFS, Bitlocker, and Share level Permissions.
- Knowledge of TCP/IP; DHCP, DNS, WINS, Workgroups, Domains, Active Directory. Additionally, the configuration, management, and troubleshooting of firewall, switches, and routers.
- Experience with Terminal Services (configuring user profiles, troubleshooting, etc)
- Understanding of relationship between switches, hubs, patch panels and connecting nodes to a network
- Working Knowledge of Firewall Technologies ‐ ie: SonicWALL, Linksys, NetGear, and Cisco Meraki
- Working Knowledge of Wireless Technologies
Credentials and Experience:
- Minimum 1 years of experience in the service industry, preferably critical, customer service experience.
- Minimum 1 year experience – Managed switches, VLAN, Routing, Firewalling Support
- Minimum 1 year experience – Server Technologies (Virtualization/RAID) Support
- Minimum 1 year experience – Data Backup and Recovery Support, Corporate Antivirus Support, VPN Connectivity Support
- Has at least one certification. The following certifications are preferred: A+, Network+, and/or Security+.
Job Type: Full-time
We offer the following benefits:
- Paid time off
- Medical Insurance
- Dental Insurance
- Vision Insurance
- IRA matching
- Education Reimbursement
- Paid Federal Holidays