You may not think about it every time you step into the office, but your IT is at the core of your business. From sending emails to calling on your voice over internet protocol (VoIP) phone, you rely on your IT for almost everything. In short, it enables you and your staff to work more efficiently and productively.
Given how important IT is to business, keeping up with trends can give you a much needed competitive edge. One recent trend every business owner should have their eye on is IT automation. This is a powerful tool that allows companies to lower their operational costs. But what is IT automation and how does it enable this benefit?
As it relates to information technology, “automation” refers to the creation of software and systems to eliminate the need for manual intervention on repeatable processes. Automation tools can perform a variety of functions ranging from simple to complex.
Imagine having a system that takes care of all your mundane IT tasks. What could your IT staff do with all that freed up time? With a solution like this at your disposal, you can scale your business, cut down on costs, and allow IT staff to focus on more important matters.
To explain how automation works, here’s a helpful example. Let’s say that you run a medium-sized business and you have some highly sought after open positions. Depending on the number of applicants, your HR staff could be reading through hundreds of resumes. No matter how fast your team is, it would still take a fair amount of time to sort through all of those applications.
An automated hiring tool, however, can read through resumes at blazing speeds. They can also be set up to search for specific keywords that relate to the qualifications you’re looking for. This can drastically cut down how long it takes for you to find the right candidate.
As workflows evolve and technology advances, automation is becoming more and more desirable. From incident management to backup automation, there are all kinds of uses for this solution. Similarly, there are many benefits associated with automation systems including:
- Reduced Costs: When a program is performing routine tasks for you, it allows you to schedule fewer labor hours. This way, you’re wasting money by having your IT department perform administrative tasks.
- Time Savings: By getting rid of the most repetitive and time-consuming tasks on your IT staff’s schedule, they are freed up to spend time on more important tasks.
- Faster Operations: With IT automation, you can speed up data center and cloud operations. You can also increase the productivity of your IT staff.
- Fewer Errors: No human is perfect, meaning your team could slip up and make a mistake at some point. Automation ensures consistency on a large scale.
- Better Security: Since automated processes don’t require manual interference, fewer people need to see sensitive information. This reduces the possibility of breaches or people leaking information. Additionally, IT automation can be used to help IT teams keep up with an incident response.
By relying on automation, you can experience significant cost savings. One way it saves you money is through reducing the number of labor hours needed to complete tasks. Another way it can help is by optimizing resource utilization and decreasing human error. Both are common causes of unnecessary expenses. Finally, it can help you save on security costs by preventing costly data breaches.
If you’re interested in taking advantage of the benefits of automation, let the team at E-N Computers help. We offer remote monitoring and management (RMM) automation solutions. Our network monitoring and management services are a proactive solution that enables us to keep an eye on your network 24/7. If anything goes wrong or seems suspicious, our team is alerted, allowing us to step in and mitigate the problem before it affects your operations.
Contact us today to learn more about this topic and the IT services we provide to enhance your business.